The month of June marks an annual tradition for our family – a visit to Taste of London. For five days only, a corner of Regent’s Park is transformed into a foodie haven, with many of this city’s fine dining restaurants popping up to feed the hungry.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get to take as many pictures as I’d hoped. By the time I arrived with the boys, I was absolutely famished and was entirely thinking with my stomach! The only food image I manage to take was this tuna sashimi pizza….although the weather or the setting didn’t quite rival the last time we had one of these in the Maldives, tuna sashimi as a pizza topping is simply divine.
To make up for the lack of food images, I’ve compiled a few tips we’ve learnt over the years on how to do Taste of London.
- Accept you’re not going to be able to eat everything on offer before you arrive
- Select your favourite restaurants and sample those first
- Don’t fill up on drinks and free tasters
- Sign up to their newsletter for early bird ticket offers.
- If you can, upgrade to a VIP ticket. We found this to be invaluable especially going with young children. There are so many people on-site, it’s often difficult to let children run around. In the VIP enclosure, we happily let Bubs stretch his legs and confident knowing he wouldn’t become lost in the crowds. Plus, the glass of LP (Laurent Perrier) included in the ticket is a bonus.